Call us on:  01933 510 022 
5 Min Read

Infographic: Comparing R&D tax relief advisors

There are two main ways that you can claim research and development tax relief: by yourself via HMRC’s online service, or with the help of an advisor.

Advisors can do some or all the claim work for you, and each year you should review your needs and all the options in full before deciding which route to take – even more so if you’ve experienced significant business change.

If you choose to source an R&D tax advisor to help with the claim process, you have four main options:

  1. Through an accountant
  2. Via a boutique advisory service
  3. With one of the ‘big four’
  4. Using a multiservice innovation specialist (like MPA)

The infographic below gives an overview of the types of things that might differentiate one type of advisor from another.

For extra help navigating these differences and understanding more about your options, download our new guide – How to spot bad R&D tax relief advice, and score your experience with our interactive provider scoring quiz to see if it might be time to switch.

Click the image to open a larger version. 

Ready to switch provider?

Get in touch with our team to find out more about our simple claims process.

Whether you’re on your first or your fifth claim, we promise to build a bespoke team of tax, accounting and sector-specific experts around you to ensure you’re getting the quality of service and expert advice you deserve.

Claims Process

Leave your details